Sunday, February 22, 2009

Holy guacamole!

After a week of searching, we finally found some avocados tonight! Ken generally goes to the grocery store every other day or so to buy avocados. You see, we eat them like crazy in this house. We slice them up and eat them plain, we eat them with crackers, and I use them to make the best homemade guacamole ever. After not having avocados for more than a week, we were starting to get a little concerned, and jokingly referred to the situation as "the great avocado shortage of 2009." Yesterday, in desperate need of an avocado fix, we decided to have lunch at one of our favorite places, Cafe Patachou, because they have the yummiest vegetarian sandwich with avocados. While the sandwich was still delicious, we noticed that the usually perfect avocados were a bit discolored. Ken and I decided that there really must be an avocado situation. Since I had my laptop with me, I consulted Google and what do you know...our suspicion was correct! Oh well, at least we have two to tide us over!

And, because blog posts are always better with photos, here is a sneak peek of a fun session I shot today at my house.

8 comments:

  1. If I find any good avocados in my travels, I will let you know! Can't wait to see the rest of this session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, is that your bedroom? That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patachou Rocks! We eat there whenever we get to Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patachou is awesome!!! I absolutely love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patachou's tomato soup is TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Ken found two more avocados today. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete