Thursday, February 26, 2009

the Hipp family

I showed up to this fun family's home and found Brayden playing with his trains. I love this photo for so many reasons -- the abundance of window light, the reflections, a boy and his trains...


Meanwhile, little Kyle clung to his mama's leg.


Soon, though, everyone warmed up for story time!


Later, while Kyle and Dad had a little fun in the kitchen,


Brayden and Mom enjoyed another book.


I'm in love with this lamp. Hey, Nicky, I'll trade you some prints for it...


There is just something so real about family photos in the bedroom. This is one of my favorite family photos I have ever taken.


We tried to get the group all sitting together on the bed, but you know, toddlers have minds of their own! I think this photo turned out just perfect.


Kyle's expression is priceless! I love love love this one!!!


What a happy kid!


We ended the day with a little music. This one is for Grandpa.


What a fabulous session! Nicky, your family is absolutely gorgeous and as sweet as can be. I had such a great time with all of you!!! Thank you for inviting me to capture these moments for you.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a precious session. These photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That train shot should be in a magazine. Seriously! How do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an amazing shoot! Their house is incredible! What kind of light set up did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this entire series. You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I still love the cheesy obligatory Olan Mills portraits, these are so amazing! I think the home setting portraits will definitely be catching on! Justin and I will call you when we've got our little family going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen (and Justin), get moving on the bambinos. :-) I want to meet those cuties!

    Cathy, no fancy light set up here. Most of the time I just used available window light. Every now and then I bounced flash. I'm a natural light kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete