Monday, December 12, 2011

Jen + Alex

I think I have known Jen and Alex since 7th grade when I was new kid in town. We became friends and, to this day, I will never forget some of our lunch table jokes. (Look, there's John Lennon!) Jen and Alex didn't date in high school -- they were just friends. All of us were just a big group of friends. Later in life, that friendship turned into something more, and about 14 years after graduating from high school, lifelong friends Jen and Alex tied the knot. I was honored they chose Ken and me to photograph their special day.

I was in love with Jen's bold blue flats. (Jen's mom hated those shoes!)


What are these lovely girls capturing?


Jen getting into her dress, of course!


Jen, you made a beautiful bride. Samantha and Brittany from Flaunt provided the hair and Melanie from M for Makeup provided the makeup. Everyone looked fabulous!


While I was with the girls, Ken spent some time with the guys doing typical guy things. Girls primp, guys play. That's just how it is.




I adore this shot of Alex with his mom. (I'm sure she will love it, too.)


Jen loves to make things. If fact, she is a famous knitter! (More about that later.) She crafted their wedding invitations.





The ceremony was held at Cuneo Mansion & Gardens in Vernon Hills, Illinois. It was a beautiful fall day.


Pastor Rich Rubietta officiated the wedding and did a wonderful job.





After the ceremony, we took a few photos around the mansion and gardens.


Love.






I adore this shot of everyone!


We then got onto an awesome party bus that took us back to our hometown of Grayslake, Illinois for a few more photos. I think this was everyone's favorite part of the day! We even went to our old high school.




Of course we stopped at Tastee-Freez.


A couple detail shots.



I love everything about this next series we shot in downtown Grayslake.




A nice shot of Alex and the guys (some of whom were part of our lunch table crew).


And one of Jen and the girls (more of the lunch table crew).


Love, love, love.



Laura's Flower Shoppe in Lake Villa, Illinois did a beautiful job with the flowers.


Definitely a favorite.







Toasting with Abel! (The locals will appreciate this.)


Next, we headed to the reception at Chevy Chase Country Club in Wheeling, Illinois. Jane Allen from Jane Allen Events kept everyone on schedule that day. When I posted this shot on Facebook, Jen commented that she looked forward to looking back on this photo when she and her friend are old ladies knitting in the nursing home. That made me smile big smiles, especially coming from a famous knitter!



I read something the other day about how a knitter's hands feel unsettled unless they are knitting. Jen, your hands look lovely knitting away on your wedding day! This is one of my favorite photos I have ever taken.



I thought their reception details were fantastic. Jen, of course, crafted them. I think Alex helped her (and didn't even complain about it!!!) but I don't know if I was supposed to share that.


Pretty lace details.




Lovin Oven Cakery in Round Lake, Illinois provided the cake and it was delicious!


Their grand entrance really was grand!


First dance.



Adam gave the perfect best man speech.



When Alex toasted his bride, my eyes welled up with tears and I got goosebumps.


Father daughter dance.


I'm going to end with a super sweet mother son dance. I wish I could post even more photos, but I have already posted about twice what I normally do!


Jen and Alex, we cannot thank you enough for allowing us to capture your amazing day. You two are so perfect for each other -- friends first, then spouses, and best friends forever. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment